Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pet Fish

My pet fish is dying or dead right now.  I named it "Mac" when I first got him from the pet store.   He's a blue betta fish and has lasted for over three years.  I'm not sure how to dispose of him - is flushing down the toilet too insensitive?  I think so.  But I don't know of any alternative.  Also, I'm not sure if he is really dead.  Three signs that he is dead: 1) he is not moving; 2) he is lying on his back at the bottom of the fish bowl (which I've never seen before); 3) he is discolored.  Maybe he's just sick.  When I first got him I would spend hours just watching him swim around instead of studying.  I am distraught. Should I get a replacement?  

1 comment:

  1. i think you should feed him to another pet of yours. this way, "Mac" will serve one last utility to your family.

    let's go to a pet shop this weekend and buy you a replacement.

    ReplyDelete